ffmpeg on 10.5/PPC

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 02:50:14 UTC 2018

> On Apr 29, 2018, at 5:08 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

> On Apr 29, 2018, at 11:33, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>
>> On 2018-04-29 14:36:02 +0200 Ken Cunningham wrote:
>>
>>> clang-3.4 will never work on PPC, so don't even bother.
>>
>> In the sense that it is too broken? It actually starts compiling.
>
> In the sense that the clang developers have not added enough support for PowerPC to clang to make it work.

Exactly. The first clang version that works even close to reasonably on PPC is clang-3.8. That version does pass 99% of the compiler tests, though. It just has a deficiency for c++ exceptions, which remain broken. That is so far just too tough for me to fix. I’m learning, though. I seem to be interested in compilers — not sure why.

Ken