SOS!

William Parducci bill at parducci.net
Mon Aug 20 14:45:45 UTC 2018

It sounds like you may have mistyped the command and deleted some or all of your home directory.

I am guessing by the urgency of your request you do not have a backup. If that is the case you are going to need to find a utility that will locate unlinked files to “undelete” them since command line deletes have no concept of Trash.

I have not used any of these but here are some places to start:

https://www.cleverfiles.com/undelete-mac.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItpOT9-373AIVEdbACh1umQgFEAAYASAAEgJ1y_D_BwE
https://www.ibeesoft.com/data-recovery-software/mac-data-recovery.html

For future reference NEVER issue sudo rm -rf in a multiline command. It is just asking for stuff like this to happen.