SOS!

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Aug 21 00:20:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018, William Parducci wrote:

> I am guessing by the urgency of your request you do not have a backup.

I'm gonna go all Darwinistic here (pun not intended) but after being in
the computer game since 1970 or so, anyone who does not take (and test[*])
backups deserves all that they get.

[*]
I got caught badly when assiduously taking daily backups (not on a Mac), a
disk crash was a poor time to discover that some were corrupted in such a
way that although the files themselves were visible, their parent
directories weren't; I still have no idea how that happened, but I stopped
using that PoS years ago.

-- Dave