GIMP2 fails to build on 10.7

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Aug 26 19:58:53 UTC 2018

Hi Ryan!

On 2018-08-26 03:08:57 +0200 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> CoreGraphics didn't become a top-level framework until OS X 10.8. On 10.7 it
> was only available as a part of ApplicationServices.
>
> According to
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4170459/mac-adding-coregraphics-framework-for-cg-use-in-a-c-header/4173621#4173621,
> one should instead include <ApplicationServices/ApplicationServices.h>.
>
> Would you report this bug to the developers of gimp, if it has not already
> been reported to them?
>
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues

Oh, interesting information, I included the other header and it works

I developed the attached patch, what do you think? I am always a bit scared by AVAILABLE_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_8_AND_LATER … but it should be used the correct way… if it is there otherwise fall back.

It works for me, could you add it to the port?

In the meanwhile I reported it upstream and provided te patch, if they accept it, we can always remove the pach later from the port (as with other paches I provided…)

Riccardo

<gimp_gimpwidgets_cg.patch>