Experiences with union mounts in MacOS?

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Mon Dec 17 18:10:52 UTC 2018

I just tried (Mojave) a couple of times.  Once, a dmg attached but manually mounted over a non-empty directory; didn't see the contents below, although I suppose I might have messed up somehow.  Another time, an NFS mount over the same non-empty directory, where I _did_ see both.  The dmg had to be read-only, the NFS mount didn't; I wonder if that mattered (esp. since the lower layer was read-write).