xpra

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Dec 23 14:03:09 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 08:31:54AM -0500, S. L. Garwood via macports-users wrote:
> I saw a blog on xpra .. an html5 based terminal access tool … its up
> and running in my Linux Mint system. Has anyone looked at porting it
> to MacPorts? If not I may take a whack at it.

AFAIK XPra forwards the contents of an X server. This will likely be
useful on macOS as a client only, i.e. you'll be able to view windows
from other machines.

You won't be able to use this to connect from a Linux machine to macOS
and see native macOS graphics – you may be able to see X windows when
connecting from other machines, but that's much less useful.

Nonetheless, this is a useful tool and we don't yet have it, so a port
would be welcome. Note that we do have x2go, which serves a similar
purpose but uses a different encoding.

HTH,
--
Clemens