gnome-terminal

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Feb 10 09:23:49 UTC 2018

> On 10 Feb 2018, at 5:32 am, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>

> On Feb 9, 2018, at 00:46, James Linder wrote:
>
>> I’ve been using iTerm2 for a while but the 100th time I accidently middle-mouse clicked the tab bar only to have the tab be-gone usually in vi I binned it.
>> Terminal is a pretty good replacement except it askes stupid questions every time I suhtdown (everyday). Also irritating!
>> Google gnome-terminal and macports show numerous ‘it does not work’ entries with no ‘it now works; entries.
>>
>> Can anybody comment on the current status please.
>>
>> Any comments on a terminal that just works also welcome. I dont need (or even want) any fancy features like knitting christmas stockings (I jest, but you get the picture)
>
> Terminal and iTerm2 work well enough for me. I don't quite follow the problems you're having with them.
>
> I don't have a middle mouse button. It looks iTerm2's preferences have middle mouse button bound to paste. If that's what's happening for you, and you don't want that to happen, you can change the preferences to make it do something else, or nothing.

Being a heathen I use a microsoft mouse. I like it much more than the magic mouse.

iTerm’s preference for middle mouse IS paste but clicking the tab bar kills and exits the tab. I can find no options to confirm this it is just gone.

I’m somewhat knackered being right handed but having to use left due to MS.
Operation would be vi paste at the cursor having accidently left the pointer in the tab bar. Bing Gone!

James