running macports along with homebrew

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:13:21 UTC 2018

On 12 February 2018 at 15:14, db wrote:
> Would it suffice to rename /usr/local during build time to avoid any conflicts? I ask because I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything else.

As far as MacPorts is concerned, I assume it should be mostly OK if
you temporarily move HomeBrew's folder to a different location when
building any new port. Exceptions might occur for formulas that put
stuff outside of /usr/local, but I have no clue when this might be
(MacPorts does occasionally put files outside of /opt/local, in
particular for app bundles, some TeX packages, startup items, libc++
on <= 10.6 etc.) and in most cases it should not influence the builds.

Mojca