distfile downloads failing on https

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Wed Feb 21 12:18:47 UTC 2018

On Feb 21 12:43:28, hans at stare.cz wrote:
> A more general proposed solution was to bunlde a newer curl with MP,
> in partcular one built against a newer SSL/TLS library:
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/51516

It was also suggested there to recompile MP
using its own already installed curl port.

Indeed,
./configure --with-curlprefix=/opt/local/
results in MacPorts that uses its own /opt/local/bin/curl
to download distfiles, and my immediate problem disappears.

But the circular dependency on itself doesn't seem right.

Should the curl port be a fetch dependency (if there is such a thing)
for the affected ports, and should MP use the port's curl(1)
to download their distfiles?

	Jan