macports easytag font size

M B mcbdz29 at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 26 01:06:44 UTC 2018

Hello, I am an user of the Easytag software both on Debian and on my mac installed via macports.
When I launch the Debian easytag via ssh on the mac, the display is fine, whereas when I launch the one installed locally via macports, the font is way too small: menus or the tags themselves.
I’ve tried to find some local preferences in the Xquartz menu, no offer there. The preferences window within easytag does not offer any more options regarding display.
I use a macbook pro mid-2012, High Sierra version 10.13.3 (17D102). The resolution of my desktop is 1280x800. Even changing the resolution of the mac doesn’t help, the font still remains too small.
I don’t know if this would be useful, but when I launch the local easytag in the terminal I get these messages:

bash-3.2$ easytag

** (easytag:85053): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Operating system does not support abstract socket namespace

(easytag:85053): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_proxy_new_sync: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

(easytag:85053): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to EtApplicationWindow 0x7ff9bf02a370 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?

(easytag:85053): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to EtApplicationWindow 0x7ff9bf02a370 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?

(easytag:85053): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to EtApplicationWindow 0x7ff9bf02a370 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?

It’s telling me something about size, so maybe there’s something there but I don’t know how to answer to the terminal’s question "How does the code know the size to allocate? »
I have not been able to find the information about how to change the size of the font in gtk apps installed via macports.

Can someone help me solve this issue ? Where should I look ? Gtk preferences ? XQuartz preferences ? Where and how ?

Thanks a lot.