Problem with installing "ttk"

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Jan 1 05:29:30 UTC 2018

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017, Kevin Walzer wrote:

> ttk refers to the themed Tk widgets. It was a loadable extension package
> in Tcl/Tk 8.4 but has been part of the core since 8.5 was released, back
> in 2007.
>
> My guess is it's not a separately maintained port anymore. That Java
> stuff port is trying to download has nothing to do with any of this.
>
> Is there no way your app will work with 8.5? 8.4 is beyond ancient and
> I'm not even sure it will build anymore on current versions of macOS, at
> least in its native version.

It's complaining about argument usage or something, so I suspect that
something changed between 8.4 and 8.5; I'll have to bone up on it enough
to fix it (Tcl, like Python, is not one of my favourite languages).

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Like Kevin said, I assume this is not the software you are looking
> for. This ttk is trying to fetch from
>    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ttk/
> which appears to be empty. I was about to delete it, but then noticed
> the port is listed as a dependency of another port. I guess the
> sources moved here:
>    https://github.com/richardwilkes/toolkit
> and here:
>    https://github.com/richardwilkes/gcs_library
> but I have no idea if that's correct.

Thanks; I'll have a poke around anyway.

> Joshua, you were the last one doing any content edits, are you willing
> to look into it?
>
> Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is not what you were looking for, see
> Kevin's answer.

OK.

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> A third-party application (a radio scanner)
>
> What's it called? Is it open source?

The scanner?  A Uniden UBCD396XT trunking scanner (radio, not optical)
with a serial port.  The software?  A Tcl script contained in
"bcprogtool_0.8.[lm].zip" at a website near you (if you can find one; a
lot of them are 404).