port:openssl dependency

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Wed Jan 10 21:39:06 UTC 2018

Qt does not work with LibreSSL.

For previous versions of Qt, see
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/51358.

The current version of Qt has the follow code:
#if OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER-0 >= 0x10002000L && !defined(OPENSSL_NO_EC)
&& !defined(SSL_CTRL_SET_CURVES)
#  error "OpenSSL was reported as >= 1.0.2 but is missing required
features, possibly it's libressl which is unsupported"
#endif

The last I heard, the plan was to support LibreSSL more fully with a
new backend.
I am not sure of the current status of that project.

-Marcus