lib dependency confusion

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Jan 12 22:44:18 UTC 2018

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

>> Whether Apple wants to admit that its machines can crash and thereby
>> cream the filesystem is another question...
>
> presumably that's what macOS Recovery is for:
> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314

That, of course, assumes that everything is working nicely; I'm guessing
that Bill is referring to a real "balls to the wall" situation here....

For example, I make sure that "/bin/ed" exists on all my boxes, because it
might be (and has been) the only editor available at the time (and yes,
FreeBSD has "/rescue/ed" too).