lldb-6.0 build failure

David david at kdbarto.org
Wed Jan 17 16:03:52 UTC 2018

I’m on 10.11.6 and completely up to date.

The problem is that Apple didn’t add thread local support to their version of clang until after 10.11. So my Xcode won’t compile anything that requires thread local support. This is weird. I would expect that any requirement like that would be part of the macport configuration file, rather than waiting until 20+ minutes of compiles have happened and then searching through the output build log to find the reason the build failed.

	David