scp ignores case in filenames?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Jan 19 21:15:51 UTC 2018

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018, Jan Stary wrote:

> This is MacOS 10.13.2. Is this expected? I see it but I don't believe
> it.

MacOS has a broken filesystem; case is preserved but not honoured i.e.
"file" is the same as "FILE" is the same as "FiLe" etc.

This plays merry hell with my RSYNC backups to/from my FreeBSD server.

You can make a filesystem honour the case (like real Unix) but it will
break those applications that are lazy about it.