scp ignores case in filenames?

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Fri Jan 19 21:42:32 UTC 2018

On Jan 19 14:18:00, jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk wrote:
> The point is third party applications (and perhaps even some Apple stuff) is
> not well tested on anything other than the defaults. So its far from
> impossible for there to be applications that internally are not consistent
> with their naming. So part of the applications refers to /path/file and
> another part /path/FILE, and expect these to be the same.

That can hardly be considered somethng else
than a blatant error in such software, right?
Let it fail.

> On the default mac install they are the same,
> but if you convert your system to respect the
> case, they aren't, and the application might stop working correctly...

... as it should: designed to fail if "FILE" is not "file".

> Its up you to decide which inconvenience annoys you more...

"FILE" rewriting "file", that's _very_ inconvenient.
What's the opposite "inconvenience"?

Anyway, I'm beating a dead horse here.
This is the way Apple chose; I'll try to make me
a normal, sane, reasonable, case-sensitive UNIX fs.

	Jan