gdb fails to compile on Leopard - C++11 compiler

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Jan 25 11:55:39 UTC 2018

On 25 January 2018 at 12:19, Riccardo Mottola via macports-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to install gdb on 10.5 and install of the port fails.
> This is the extract of the buildlog: I understand it is using the
> system compiler instead of using e.g. a newer gcc or clang from MP
> which  both have installed.

> :info:build checking whether /usr/bin/g++-4.2 supports C++11 features
> by default... no

You can try to add "PortGroup cxx11 1.1" somewhere at the top of the
Portfile or install the port with
    port install gdb configure.compiler=<another-compiler> (not sure
which one though)
and try again.

In any case this means that the Portfile should be fixed. It doesn't
necessarily mean that it would actually work once this gets fixed.

Mojca