what version of OpenGL is in mesa?

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sat Jan 27 02:18:53 UTC 2018

On 26 Jan 2018, at 14:54 (-0500), Langer, Stephen A. (Fed) wrote:

> I should have included the exact error message.  This is what vtk says
> when it encounters OpenGL from macports mesa:
>
> Warning: In … Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 800
> vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x7fca59821e00): VTK is designed to work with
> OpenGL version 3.2 but it appears it has been given a context that
> does not support 3.2. VTK will run in a compatibility mode designed to
> work with earlier versions of OpenGL but some features may not work.

The MacPorts version of Mesa is 17.1.6. It took roughly 30 second for me
to find this page: https://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes/17.1.6.html

Read the second paragraph in the first section.

I am not familiar with this particular software combination (or the
version widgetry of OpenGL) but based on that paragraph and the error
message, it seems to me that this is either a vtk bug or a limitation of
the underlying driver.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org