macports libsndfile 1.0.28 Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 18:34:52 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-27, at 6:10 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Correct, Availability.h was introduced in Mac OS X 10.5. 10.4 and earlier must use AvailabilityMacros.h instead.

A suggestion for all the other Tiger users out there:

This comes up all the time. Not many people are interested in special-casing Tiger any more.

Just make a symlink in your 10.4 SDK:

sudo ln -s AvailabilityMacros.h Availability.h

and you'll never see this error again. I did this years ago, with never an issue.

Ken