gdb fails to compile on Leopard - C++11 compiler

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 30 16:41:08 UTC 2018

It appears the port already has support for building against MPs python
versions, it just is not enabled by default.

Titan ~/Projects/MacPorts/ports > port variants gdb
gdb has the variants:
    multiarch: Support all target architectures
    python27: Build GDB with Python 2.7 Scripting
      * conflicts with python35 python36
    python35: Build GDB with Python 3.5 Scripting
      * conflicts with python27 python36
    python36: Build GDB with Python 3.6 Scripting
      * conflicts with python27 python35
    universal: Build for multiple architectures

so try enabling one of the above variants.

Chris