installation on OS X 10.14 beta

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jul 5 04:39:44 UTC 2018

On Jul 4, 2018, at 11:06, Manav Bhatia wrote:

> I am wondering if it is possible for MacPorts to install packages from prebuilt binaries on 10.14 beta. Is it possible force this? Maybe there is a way to tell MacPorts to assume 10.13 even though it is running on 10.14?

No, we are not providing any precompiled binaries for macOS Mojave beta. We will set up a builder for macOS Mojave once the final version is released. We wait until then do this because Apple might yet change things between now and the final release. Also, the NDA you and everyone with access to the beta agreed to states that we will not disclose information about the OS to anyone; publishing binaries compiled on that OS might constitute such disclosure, so we don't want to risk that. See:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#prerelease