installation on OS X 10.14 beta

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jul 6 20:40:23 UTC 2018

I understand what you're suggesting, but I don't want to help you do that. MacPorts deliberately makes you rebuild ports when you upgrade to a new OS, to prevent problems. See https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration. I don't want to help you circumvent that. If you encounter a problem with MacPorts on the new OS, I want you to be able to report it to us so that we can investigate and hopefully fix it. I don't want us to have the uncertainty of wondering if the problem you're encountering is because you're using ports built for the wrong OS version.