Find Universal?

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 10 17:23:59 UTC 2018

Is there a way to find what base ports that I have installed are universal?  I have ended up with a lot of ports that are universal variants.  I think that there are actually few, if any ports, that I have currently installed that need to be universal, but a while back I had a port or two that needed to be (ie wine).  And, then all the dependents ended up being universal.  Is there any way to figure out if any of my manually installed ports default to universal?    Or if it is just dependents?  And, if that’s the case, is there a way to “update” those to be -universal?
I tried this:
port echo requested |grep universal

And there are just 12, for example ghostscipt and findutils that default to universal.
I know that it could be done all by hand, but at the moment I have a total of 141 ports that are +universal, and no easy way to tell which default to that variant, which are that variant because of dependency issues, and which are that variant because of delated dependency issues.  That last category can be reinstall, but would have to be done in the right order, I think?

--Adam