Using macports to create binary package

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Fri Jul 20 14:53:50 UTC 2018

> On Jul 20, 2018, at 8:51 AM, Manav Bhatia <bhatiamanav at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks.
>
> I saw some instructions related to octave that describes creations of an app bundle that can be put anywhere: https://wiki.octave.org/Create_a_MacOS_X_App_Bundle_Using_MacPorts <https://wiki.octave.org/Create_a_MacOS_X_App_Bundle_Using_MacPorts>
>
> One of the commands they used is install_name_tool:
> install_name_tool -change /opt/local/libiconv.2.dylib @executable_path/../lib/libiconv.2.dylib Octave-3.7.0+
>
> So, if I only keep the specific header files and relevant dyld files, with enough care something like this should be possible (?).
>
> -Manav

Creating a Mac application bundle is a somewhat different objective from what I thought was your stated goal.  You haven’t said what you want to package.

If it is appropriate to package your app as an app bundle, then perhaps dylibbundler is what you need.  Check ‘port info dylibbundler’ and ‘port gohome dylibbundler’.

Craig