Cannot uninstall local port with invalid version number

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 21:50:49 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-20, 13:27, David Strubbe wrote:
> I believe the root cause is that you used something very
> strange as a revision. I suspect you meant to use
> "0.97.114.105.102.115.97.104.97.1" as a version not a
> revision. In our terminology, revisions mean updates to the
> packaging in the Portfile, while versions mean updates to the
> underlying code.

I understood that. In other packaging system, usually it is
possible to have revision number that not a single digit, in
fact, string often accepted, to show a revision that is not
exactly in main path.

> The MacPorts base, of course, should have applied to same
> check to the revision string you supplied at build time as it
> is doing at uninstall time.

But Macports certainly did not do that.

--
    ____  ____  ____  ____ (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo