Cannot uninstall local port with invalid version number

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Jul 21 01:22:53 UTC 2018

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
> On 2018-07-20, 13:32, Ryan Schmidt wrote:>> You're not meant to modify this file manually, but the
>> registry is an SQLite 3 database located at:
>>
>> /opt/local/var/macports/registry/registry.db
>>
>> If you wish to examine or manipulate the database, you will
>> need to load the MacPorts SQLite extension into your SQLite
>> client. I don't remember how to do that but it's been
>> discussed on the list before; you can search the archives.
>>
>> It's possible that changing the revision for this installed
>> port from this invalid revision to a valid value will allow
>> you to uninstall it. It's possible you would still have to
>> delete the installed port's tbz2 file afterward, since its
>> filename contains the revision.
>
> Seems like I running out of choices, right?

It may be a limitation of port(1) due to using composite version
specifiers, so you might get better results calling the registry2 API
directly. But OTOH, since your goal is to uninstall all ports anyway,
it's easier to just delete everything and start again.

<https://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html>

- Josh