New lynx major upgrade not yet in macports

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jul 28 19:34:25 UTC 2018

> On 28 Jul 2018, at 6:15 pm, dan d. <dandunfee at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I brought this up recently and was told to do a "pull request".
>
> I have no experience with such things.
>
> On the web they seem to be contributions of new or branches of ports and not updating existing ports.

What exactly are you looking at ?

Git Pull requests can be viewed at

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pulls <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pulls>

and there are certainly examples of both new ports and updates to existing ones.

> Advising the port maintainer of a request was also suggested on the web, I have done so twice in the past weeks with no indication it was ever
> recieved let alone being considered.

In what manner did you ‘advise the port maintainer’. Sending a mail to this list is not the way. To do so either submit a pull request with the update yourself, or file a ticket in trac requesting an update.

https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets <https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Pull requests are more likely to get acted on quicker. For a guide to that see for instance

https://guide.macports.org/chunked/project.github.html <https://guide.macports.org/chunked/project.github.html>

Chris