Problem starting gimp

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jul 29 20:50:10 UTC 2018

On Jul 29, 2018, at 13:02, Gregory Bonar wrote:

> When I type 'sudo port upgrade outdated' I get:
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for poppler
> --->  Building poppler
> Error: Failed to build poppler: command execution failed
> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_poppler/poppler/main.log for details.
>
> Main.log.gz is attached

The error in the log is similar to the one you originally reported:

:info:build dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libtiff.3.dylib
:info:build   Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libpoppler-glib.8.dylib
:info:build   Reason: image not found

MacPorts has offered libtiff.5.dylib for over 3 years; I don't remember how long it's been since we were on libtiff.3.dylib.

If you can't explain why this is happening, your easiest option is to uninstall all ports, then install the ones you want.