possible to enable debug symbols by default?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 00:53:39 UTC 2018

Well, to do that, you would have to change the default configure.optflags in portconfigure.tcl

open

/opt/local/libexec/macports/lib/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl

and change

default configure.optflags      {-Os}

to something like

default configure.optflags      {"-O0 -g"}

perhaps, or whatever works for you.

Then on a port by port basis you might need to look for Portfiles that override the configure.optflags and check on them individually.

Finally, you'd need to set

buildfromsource    		always

No tickets, please! You're on your own when you go off track like this.

Ken