Is it possible to uninstall MacPorts without doing a migration?

Evan Biederstedt evan.biederstedt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:23:24 UTC 2018

I'm currently using MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5. I would like to uninstall
MacPorts on my macbook.

Based on the instructions here:

https://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.macports.uninstalling.html

I should do the following

```
    $ sudo port -fp uninstall installed
```

Here is the response I see:

```
    Error: Current platform "darwin 17" does not match expected platform
"darwin 16"
    Error: If you upgraded your OS, please follow the migration
instructions: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
    OS platform mismatch
        while executing
    "mportinit ui_options global_options global_variations"
    Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Failed to initialize MacPorts, OS platform
mismatch
```

Do I really need to do a migration first before uninstalling? Is there a
way to install directly now?