How reconcile openmodelica-dvel & octave dependencies on sundials vs. sundials2

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 15:35:05 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-04, at 8:22 AM, Adam Dershowitz wrote:

>>> The odd thing is that octave 4.2.2 was working fine with sundials (which is version 3.1.0_1)

This doesn't seem too likely, unless Octave was ignoring sundials.

Why don't you try deleting the sundials dependency in the Octave portfile and see what happens then? We only added the sundials dep fairly recently I believe.

here's the important bit in the Portfile

#--without-sundials_nvecserial
#--without-sundials_ida
depends_lib-append  port:sundials2

so looks like you would delete this line:

depends_lib-append  port:sundials2

and add these two to the configure args.

--without-sundials_nvecserial
--without-sundials_ida

might not be too hard if you can live without sundials

Ken