Help with a local port file

Michael keybounce at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 22:51:28 UTC 2018

I'm trying to use a local port file, and it's not working. What am I doing wrong?

bash-3.2# cat /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf
# $Id: sources.conf 106803 2013-06-08 16:22:39Z larryv at macports.org $

# For proper functionality of various resources (port groups, mirror
# sites, etc.), the primary MacPorts source must always be tagged
# "[default]", even if switched from the default "rsync://" URL.

file:///Users/michael/Documents/ports
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
bash-3.2# ls /Users/michael/Documents/ports/devel/
.DS_Store  git/
bash-3.2# ls /Users/michael/Documents/ports/devel/git/
total 16
 8 .DS_Store     8 Portfile      0 files/
bash-3.2# port dir git
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/devel/git
bash-3.2#

 It refuses to find my local port directory/port file

---
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce