Help with #!/usr/bin/perl

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 16 23:11:16 UTC 2018

Hi,

> On 16 Jun 2018, at 11:01 pm, Michael <keybounce at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Let's say I have a bunch of scripts that start with #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> There is a python_select,but not a perl_select.
>
> How do I avoid the out of date system Perl, which doesn't have the needed support modules, and installing those modules with Mac ports doesn't put them where the system Perl sees them.

The shebang you list above is forcing the use of a specific perl version. You cannot change that without changing that to something else. Either change it to use the exact path you want, to the MP version, or use the /usr/bin/env approach to find and use the perl version via your shell PATH. See

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix)

For details if you need them.

Chris