Help with a local port file -- compiling

Michael keybounce at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 23:47:52 UTC 2018

How do I force port to compile a port when I have a local port file?

If I say "port build git", it will build with my local port file, and local patches.

Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to make it install this.

bash-3.2# port clean git
--->  Cleaning git
bash-3.2# port install git
--->  Computing dependencies for git
--->  Activating git @2.17.1_0+credential_osxkeychain+doc+pcre+perl5_26
Error: Failed to activate git: Image error: /opt/local/bin/git already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port git. Use 'port -f activate git' to force the activation.

bash-3.2# port -s install git
--->  Computing dependencies for git
--->  Activating git @2.17.1_0+credential_osxkeychain+doc+pcre+perl5_26
Error: Failed to activate git: Image error: /opt/local/bin/git already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port git. Use 'port -f activate git' to force the activation.

Note that it goes directly from computing dependencies to activating. It skips the build phase. Even when I use an "-s" flag, whether before or after the install verb.

(I actually know why it thinks that git already exists and is not a registered port. I will use "-f" once I can get it to compile.)

---
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce