python 2.7 usage failure

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Tue Jun 26 19:09:04 UTC 2018

Hi Ryan!

On 2018-06-25 21:25:02 +0200 Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

>> I suppose python is acting up, since this always worked.
>> Can you tell if it is core python or some modules acting up?
>
>> While not all packages I have are up-to-date since I have some
>> issues to
>> fix, all python modules look to be except one. Here is the situation:
>> py27-numpy                     @1.14.5         python/py-numpy
>

>> the package currently has some issues installing, I will report
>> about that.
>> Can it be related? Doesn't look like
>
>> Riccardo
>

> It looks like there was a bug in Python's uuid:
>
> https://bugs.python.org/issue32502
>
> It looks like it was fixed in Python 3.6.5. Can you use that instead
> of
> Python 2.7?

No, touching a firefox build is tricky...
The issue looks exactly as that bug! interesting is that it is an old
MacBook and 10.5 Leopard, nothign should have changed!

Anyway, I backported the patch to 2.7! easy enough.. I did only the
fix part, not the test one, but...

Could you add it to our build? Would be great! It fixed it for me.
Attached!

Riccardo

<uuid-64bit.patch>