smartctl - Can't run select span range

Ubence Quevedo thatrat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 00:43:32 UTC 2018

I gave caffeinate a try, and set my system sleep time to a more reasonable
timeout [30 minutes], but since smartctl isn't an interactive process [a
tsr?], the system never stays awake long enough to finish a whole test.  I
even added the -m option to prevent the disk from idle sleeping but that
didn't help.

I wonder why Apple doesn't want to allow the selective test range...?

-Ubence