stupid question

pagani laurent laurent.pagani at laposte.net
Fri Jun 29 15:21:56 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have gcc7.0 installed :

>sudo port installed gcc7
  gcc7 @7.3.0_0 (active)

but I can’t use it under that name. There are several gcc-* files in the /bin
I figured out that gcc-mp-7 was the one I was looking for but how can I get it to be the default gcc compiler ?

I tried various sudo port select gcc… but all failed.

By the way, I tested the 3 other gcc-*-mp-7 (ranlib, ar, and nm) and all complained :

>gcc-ranlib-mp-7
gcc-ranlib-mp-7: Cannot find plugin ‘liblto_plugin.so'

Does it matter ?

L.

"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème" (devise Shadok)