index warning and bash-completion

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 10 21:49:01 UTC 2018

On Mar 10, 2018, at 14:24, db wrote:

> On 10 Mar 2018, at 20:05, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> Are your port definitions in fact more than two weeks old?
>
> Yes, but I'd expect the warning after I actually ran the command.

When you press tab, the bash completion code runs. Looking at the contents of /opt/local/share/bash-completion/completions/port, I see that in order to provide the completions to you, it will be running various port commands. For example, if you are typing "port contents bash-compl" and then pressing tab, expecting it to autocomplete the name of an installed port, it has to run "port installed" or something to find the list of installed ports.

I don't know if MacPorts has a flag to suppress the warning. If so, /opt/local/share/bash-completion/completions/port should use it. If not, we should add one.