dependency doesn't upgrade so existing version of port broken

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 11 00:51:00 UTC 2018

I just tried to run port upgrade outdated and a dependency of openscad (qscintilla-qt4) failed to upgrade.  I still have the previous version of that dependency listed as active and only one version of port is listed as installed and it is listed as active.  I thought the port would get upgraded after all its dependencies got upgraded so the old port which referred to the old version of the dependency should still work but it won’t even start.  I guess that means my ports are now in some mixed state where some dependencies of openscad have been upgraded but the port itself hasn’t been so the port is trying to link against something that’s now inactive.  Is there any way to go back to previous versions of everything I just upgraded other than scrolling through the terminal buffer and going through deactivate of new and activate of previous on everything in the list?

TIA,
Lenore