What on earth happened with Perl?

Kenneth F. Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 00:08:57 UTC 2018

Looks like it is a security issue, and has been back ported into at least some perl 5.24 versions.

<https://metacpan.org/pod/perl5260delta#Removal-of-the-current-directory-%28%22.%22%29-from-@INC>

<https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2016-1238>

<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46549671/doesnt-perl-include-current-directory-in-inc-by-default>

You can override this on your own system by setting an environment variable, amongst other methods.

<https://metacpan.org/pod/perl5260delta#Removal-of-the-current-directory-%28%22.%22%29-from-@INC>

Hope this helps at least a bit,

Ken