trying to install ATLAS

pagani laurent laurent.pagani at laposte.net
Thu Mar 15 12:18:13 UTC 2018

Hello,

Running Mac OS 10.12.6, I try to install ATLAS with macports but 1) it selects /usr/bin/clang as a C compiler (why not the /opt/local/bin/gcc one ?), 2) it selects gfortran7 which does not exist and 3) it hangs up on the building. After more than one hour, still there :

sextractor-master>sudo port clean atlas
--->  Cleaning atlas
sextractor-master>sudo port install atlas
--->  Fetching archive for atlas
--->  Attempting to fetch atlas-3.10.2_2.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/atlas
--->  Attempting to fetch atlas-3.10.2_2.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/atlas
--->  Attempting to fetch atlas-3.10.2_2.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from http://mse.uk.packages.macports.org/sites/packages.macports.org/atlas
--->  Fetching distfiles for atlas
--->  Verifying checksums for atlas
--->  Extracting atlas
--->  Applying patches to atlas
--->  Configuring atlas
Selected C compiler: /usr/bin/clang
Selected F77 compiler: gfortran7
Warning: reinplace s|-no-cpp-precomp||g didn't change anything in /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_math_atlas/atlas/work/ATLAS/CONFIG/src/atlcomp.txt
--->  Building atlas

still there after > 1hour
The package mentions that it depends on gcc5 but I have gcc7 only (cleaned the previous versions). Can this be a problem ?
I found no ticket mentioning similar problem (but Veence requiring a gcc6 version)

Thanks for any help,
Laurent

"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème" (devise Shadok)