Is there and "rdist" for Mac?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Mar 16 03:30:38 UTC 2018

I'm developing software for various platforms, and a need a multi-rdist
like tool.

Why?  I develop on the Mac (because it's in front of me), ship it to my
FreeBSD server (because it has real serial ports instead of silly
USB/serial adaptors that may not work etc), test it there and make any
changes, pretend it's now the master and ship it back, test it on the
Penguin box every so often to see what they've broken this time and figure
out a way around it[*], etc.

I have a simple shell script that does this (cycle through known hosts and
"rsync" to all except `hostname -s` etc, but I'd like to generalise it for
all my software, not just this one.

Running "locate rdist" on the Mac is less than helpful, so is there a tool
similar to BSD's "rdist"?

Thanks.

[*]
Don't ask...