Installing gcc6 on a PPC Mac Mini 10.4 gives me hell

Andreas Falkenhahn andreas at falkenhahn.com
Wed Mar 21 17:13:36 UTC 2018

On 20.03.2018 at 23:59 Chris Jones wrote:

> You can call these OSes ‘retro’ if you want, to make it sound good,
> but all they really are, are outdated and insecure.

I've always preferred freedom over security. And by the way, I have
a feeling that with each new Mac OS version the system becomes more and
more curious about me, tries to collect data, hides things from me,
and tries to infantilize me by pretending to know what is good and bad
for me (Gatekeeper anyone?)

In that regard, the older Mac OS versions are really much more pleasant
than the latest releases which seem to take away more and more control
from the user. That might be very good for people without a clue about
computing but for coders it's a pain in the "donkey".

It's time to regain control - the OS is here to serve, not to spy on me
or impose its will on me :-)

$0.02

--
Best regards,