Installing gcc6 on a PPC Mac Mini 10.4 gives me hell

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Thu Mar 22 20:57:20 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 06:59:01PM +0000, Christopher Jones wrote:
> If it where my choice, I would drop OSX releases < say 10.10… It
> isn’t, and thats fine, but thats just my opinion.

In case you were not aware, that's more or less our policy. We
officially support current - 3, that's 10.10 at the moment. Everything
older is on a best-effort basis at the maintainer's peril.

For my ports, I accept patches for systems older than that, but will not
spend time to fix them myself.

We try not to actively break base on older releases, but newer features
are only enabled on newer OS X (trace mode, for example, does not work
on old OSes -- or at least not correctly).

--
Clemens