conflict vtk vs. paraview

petr.2006 petr.2006 at centrum.cz
Tue May 1 08:48:02 UTC 2018

It seems that vkt (at least with python35) can not be installed together with paraview. Paraview includes it own version of vtk and it is preferenced when it is installed. I have just tried paraview for testing, hence it is not big issue for me.

That is an example how python35 script fails when paraview is installed:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/MacPorts/paraview.app/Contents/Python/vtk/vtkCommonCore.py", line 5, in <module>
    from .vtkCommonCorePython import *
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/MacPorts/paraview.app/Contents/Python/vtk/vtkCommonCorePython.so, 2): Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Libraries/libvtkCommonCorePython27D-pv5.4.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/MacPorts/paraview.app/Contents/Python/vtk/vtkCommonCorePython.so
  Reason: image not found

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/pet/bin/tubes.py", line 11, in <module>
    import vtk
  File "/Applications/MacPorts/paraview.app/Contents/Python/vtk/__init__.py", line 41, in <module>
    from .vtkCommonCore import *
  File "/Applications/MacPorts/paraview.app/Contents/Python/vtk/vtkCommonCore.py", line 9, in <module>
    from vtkCommonCorePython import *
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/MacPorts/paraview.app/Contents/Libraries/vtkCommonCorePython.so, 2): Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Libraries/libvtkCommonCorePython27D-pv5.4.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/MacPorts/paraview.app/Contents/Libraries/vtkCommonCorePython.so
  Reason: image not found