open question on python ...

Frederic Dubois frederic.dubois at umontpellier.fr
Fri May 11 19:45:40 UTC 2018

Hi,

This is an open question concerning the "good" way to manage python "modules".
As you probably know python proposes various builtin "module" managers (such as pip).

A first question : is it equivalent to use port to manage "python + module" and port to manage "python" and pip to manage "module" ?
Since now I tough that the first solution was the best since module compilation is adapted to macos. Am I right ? Any comment ?

A second question : python3 proposes builtin virtual environments management (venv) which is deeply related to pip.
In case of using port to manage "python + module" how to do it ?

I hope I am clear and thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards

--
Frédéric Dubois, PhD, Eng.
Directeur adjoint du LMGC, responsable du service ReMICS.