How to launch after a port?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri May 11 19:52:32 UTC 2018

On May 10, 2018, at 18:47, Roy Henderson wrote:

> However, when I try to launch it, Inkscape appears in the Dock bouncing so it obviously wants some attention but I can’t figure what …

At least when Inkscape is installed with the +x11 variant, its Dock icon will not function the way a normal Mac app's Dock icon would. Its icon will bounce forever, for example, even when the application has launched normally; clicking the Dock icon after the app has been launched will do nothing; you cannot drag documents to the Dock icon; etc.

If you wish to switch to the +quartz variant, which may fix some of those issues, you should add +quartz to your sources.conf, and uninstall all ports that are installed with the +x11 variant and reinstall them with the +quartz variant.