kde help center -- "The file or folder help:/XYZ does not exist

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri May 11 21:46:16 UTC 2018

Hi Ken,

> On 12 May 2018, at 12:28 am, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> More or less total KDE newbie...
>
> Almost every entry in the kde help center fails due to an error like the above.
>
> Is this something I have forgotten to install, or is it just non-functional on MacPorts installs at present?

I think KDE 4 apps are still installed without docs in MacPorts because of an intermittent
build crash that could never get diagnosed and fixed.

You can see KDE 5 user guides at docs.kde.org. These are mostly much the same as the
KDE 4 docs or only slightly advanced. Otherwise you can build with +docs in MacPorts
(which is from source rather than a binary package), but it takes a long time and drags in
doco for all the many dependencies of KDE 4 apps.

> Ken

Cheers, Ian W.