port:distcc status?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu May 17 13:47:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

As you may know clang is inherently a cross-compiler that can be told to generate code for any of the platforms it was built to support. I used this in the past to speed up my builds on Linux, using distcc to let my much faster Mac do the heavy lifting. That was on 10.6 though, apparently distcc is no longer included with Xcode.

What's status of the distcc port? I see it hasn't been maintained for about 5 years. Anyone using it on 10.9 or later?

Thanks,
R.