port:distcc status?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat May 19 12:42:40 UTC 2018

On Friday May 18 2018 15:15:34 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

My previous reply went to Rainer alone, so copying it entirely below.

>>Apparently, you were one of the last who worked on distcc [1]. But the
>
>Indeed, I had a very vague memory of that but couldn't find any trace of it locally (and thus didn't think of checking trac).
>
>>The distcc project has also moved to GitHub in the mean time and there
>>is a new release [2].
>
>Saw that too, and now have working draft (https://github.com/RJVB/macstrop/tree/master/devel/distcc) that just updates the current port without adding anything fancy like startup items or dedicated users. Working means I can launch distccd by hand on the Mac and than enlist it from Linux.
>I'll look into the status of zeroconf support, that could be nice to have.

I still have issues starting the Avahi daemon(s) if not only because the require write access to /run but also complain about an already running mDNS daemon (presumably the system one). This has nothing to do with distcc, but it seems avahi should act as a bridge to Apple's ZeroConf implementation, on Mac.

R.